Thursday, January 7, 2010

Time to have a baby!
















Dec. 19th couldn't get here any faster, I was so ready to have Aubrey! I went to the hospital at 7:30 am to get induced, but it took them a long time to get going. I pretty much sat around until they could get me in for an ultrasound to make sure the baby was in the right position. I really didn't get started until 11am when they started me on the gel. I got 3 doses, one every 2hrs to soften my cervix. I was so worried that it wasn't going to work and that they would send me home. After the last dose I was dilated to a 3, which the nurse said was good but she wanted me to walk around for an hour to get me further along, well that worked I went to a 4 and she called the doc. with the news and the doc. said she's a keeper, we are going to have this baby! I was so happy that I was staying and not going home! The next hour I didn't progress at all so they wanted me to walk around the hospital for an hour, so we did but that was the worst hour ever! I have never experience pain like that, it was so hard for me to breath and be calm, I swear I was the biggest cry baby! I really just wanted to die because I couldn't handle the pain, my poor husband had such a hard time seeing me in so much pain but he helped me out as much as he could. The nurse finally checked me and I went to a 6, so now they would give me the epideral, I was so ready for it! After I got it my water broke and things went really fast. I went from a 6 to a 9 I swear within 20 mins, so they called the doc and when she got there I was ready to push and I only pushed for about 10 mins before Aubrey was born. What a beautiful experience, I will never forget it, she truly is a gift from God and she has been such a blessing in our lives, we just love her so much.

1 comment:

The Knappy Crew said...

Oh my Lori, your tummy was so sticking out there.....you poor thing! I am sorry that it was so painful. What were her stats? She is a cutie!