Monday, June 16, 2008

The Grand Canyon






We finally did it, we visited the Grand Canyon! It started off a few months back when our friend Mike suggested to Curt that they need to hike down. Curt said, "sure, that sounds fun". Mike said, " we will do a round trip, it is only 17 miles". I said, " Curt, are you crazy"! Well you guessed it, Curt was crazy and they did it, without getting hurt, only some sore muscles. I even think they want to do it again next year, with their boys! Luke thinks there is gold at the bottom so he is excited to give it a try, I told Curt he better bring something to throw in the water so Luke doesn't get upset. The kids had so much fun camping, our camp sites were awesome! I didn't get much sleep, I guess I am not used to hearing the great outdoors, I am, however use to the AC running all night long. The Grand Canyon is beautiful but I did come away from this experience that I am afraid of heights, especially with my kids being near the edge! We all had alot of fun.

9 comments:

Kayla said...

how fun! I still havent been to the grand canyon, crazy since I have lived close enough to make a long day trip of it my whole life. Dont worry, it is on my todo list:) infact we are going to do the polar express there in dec. youf fam should come with???

rudeboy said...

Ok, so now we both have 2 trips to the bottom. Whose next?

Brittany said...

`i would love to watch them luke

Brittany

Kayla said...

would your fam like to come over for a bbq & swimming on mon night for fhe??? I will give ya a call about it, but Larin is movin back to cali on friday and I thought it would be fun to have a little get together with friends.

Angie Penrose said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go there. Hope you guys are staying cool! :)

ilm3ib said...

What a fun trip! We've talked about hiking the Grand Canyon but we're too chicken! Great job! See you sunday~

Gardner Family said...

Okay, I found your blog on someone else's blog so you are stuck with us now! Ha Ha How are things going? We really miss hanging out with you guys and hope to have a couples weekend sometime soon so we can reminise(sp?) about the good 'ol days! Keep in touch!

heART dacy said...

Having kids made me afraid of heights too. It started when I was pregnant. I would love tho hike the Grand Canyon again someday.

Brittany said...

looks like you had a blast!!!!now when are you going to do more posts!!!i know your life isnt boring!!!!