Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Red Ryder




Luke has been asking us for over a year when can he get a BB gun. I told him he can get one when he is 12, Curt said we will think about it. Last month Curt took the boys to the Father and Son campout and almost all the boys up there had a BB gun and Luke told me he felt leftout because all of his friends had one. I said we will think about it, Curt asked him how much money do you have saved up. Luke had enough money and his dad took him to Walmart to buy the Red Ryder, yes it is the same gun from the movie, " Christmas Story". We love that movie and I think that is where Luke got the idea of getting a BB gun. Anyways, when they had it in their cart some guy saw it and said, "You'll shoot your eye out", That is in the movie and it did happen. Luke can only shoot the gun when dad is around to supervise.

6 comments:

The Knappy Crew said...

Oh my goodness....Luke is such a lucky kid. Dean already wants a gun soooooo bad. I can't imagine Dave holding off until 12 either.

Cheri said...

Lori,
Don't tell Haiden that Luke has a BB gun!: ) He looks like he will have alot of fun with it! Tell him not to shoot at the windows! My brother shot out our car window with his BB gun!!

rudeboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joey said...

Lori,
So glad to know you guys are still alive. I tried your number, maybe I had it wrong, but it said disconnected. I thought I read it wrong. So glad to reconnect! Ditto, your kids are SO big and cute. Your baby isn't a baby anymore. Please email me, joeybrough@hotmail.com so we can exchange numbers. We moved about a year ago and have a new number.

Angie Penrose said...

Hey you!! I was so excited to see your name in my email! I'm so glad you guys have a blog so we can keep up with each other. We will have to call and chat one of these days. Your kids are so cute! Max is so big! Hope you guys are doing well. Talk to you soon! Tell Curt hi for us!

Blondie said...

I've been wondering about your family for too long!! I'm so happy that I saw the link from the Penrose's blog. You guys look great, I miss you. We're in Woods Cross now and busy w/ our 3 monkeys (Brett, Carter & Hailey). I'll be checking on you often, post a pic of you Lori so I can see ya!

Love,
Sadie