Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ragnar race!
















The Ragnar race was awesome, I want to do it again next year! It was such a blast, to run, hang with friends and achieve the goals you set for yourself! For those of you who have never heard of the ragnar race, it is a relay race in which you have 12 people on your team and you run in 3 different legs. I was runner 4 and in my first leg I ran 5 miles, my second leg was 4.7 miles and my third leg was 3.5 miles= total of 13.2 miles! I did great in my first 2 legs, by the time the third one came around my legs felt like concrete and I had a difficult time breathing. It was fun to see Curt and the kids come up to support us in the race, they even made a sign, very cute! We finished Sat. night around 6pm, and got home around 8pm. I crashed, went to bed early and woke up Sunday morning and I could hardly get out of bed! I couldn't walk down the stairs like a normal person, I had to walk sideways because the front of my legs hurt so bad! I was coughing up some pretty narley stuff and Icouldn't seem to catch my breath. Well, I decided to go see the doctor, and she told me that I have bronchitis, so that explains why I was having a hard time breathing! I probably got sick from pushing myself during the race but it was worth it! I had so much fun and look forward for the next Ragnar! Go J.A.M.!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

It sounds like you had a fun time. Congratulation on doing such a good job! I want to be like you when I grow up! :) Maybe next year I can join the race!

The Fears said...

good job lori! i heard you guys had a blast. It is such a fun and rewarding thing to do.